A unique community-driven feminist approach
At the Centre, the staff offers their support to women, using a feminist approach which aims to empower them and give them full control over their bodies and health.
This service is exclusively reserved for :
- women who already have a medical file at the Centre de santé des femmes de Montréal (Montréal Women’s Health Centre), whereas this is not the case for the abortion clinic,
- women who are referred by another organisation with which the Centre has an agreement. These organisations help women who experience difficulties trying to access the health system because of the barriers they encounter. This could be the case for immigrant, refugee or indigenous women or those living with an intellectual disability, just to name a few.
For references to medical clinics, with or without an appointment, you can contact :
- Info Santé 811, a free and confidential telephone consultation service (they have access to up-to-date sexual and reproductive health resources, available 24 hours, 7 days a week)
- Our hotline, during opening hours
Our multidisciplinary team, comprised of nurses and general practitioners, offers the following medical consultations:
- Contraception: information on the menstrual cycle and different methods, prescriptions, IUD insertion;
- Cervical cancer screening: cytology, follow-up and referrals;
- Screening and treatment of sexually transmissible and blood-borne infections (STBBI) and referrals, if necessary.
For more information on IUDs (Intrauterine contraceptive devices) : Click here.
The Centre de santé des femmes de Montréal is committed to offering quality services. Our staff team values a unique and feminist approach, where empathy, attentiveness, and respect are at the heart of each interaction. Are you dissatisfied with our services? Let us know… Your comments will help contribute to the betterment of our services! We respect your rights and appreciate your comments. Any complaint will be considered with our full attention and respect.